Sent: September 28, 2008 9:08 PM
Subject: New and Improved Nelsongang: Now Front-Tooth Free!
Late this month, Cate lost her second front tooth — this time without the aid of an overly-friendly puppy. That makes the Nelsongang a perfect 4-4 when it comes to front-tooth gaps. What an amazing time we live in.
You can examine everyone’s dental work in this month’s batch of photos, including the gap-filled printer-friendly version. Enjoy!
- Jack discovered a meal before breakfast called cookie-snack. This is the kind of innovation the next generation will bring to the US economy
- After an impressive display of world-class tantrum, we reminded Jack that only he gets to choose if he has a good day or a bad day — nobody can foist a bad day upon him. He’ll understand in 30 years. Jack’s witty retort was to dump a huge container of Legos on the floor of his room
- Cate got up crying at 5 AM one morning — she explained that she missed Buster
- Jack & I have been reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret together at night. It’s a great story with terrific pencil drawings
- When Lisa helped Cate tie her shoes, she exclaimed: “Mom, you’re so good at squirrel-around-the-tree!”
- One Saturday morning, Cate sent her WebKinz pets on an online “spa getaway.” You really can’t make this stuff up…
- One Sunday evening, I found Jack lying in our bed with a drink in his hand (an apple juice, actually) working the remote with his foot
- With Lisa out of town of the weekend, I decided to watch No Country for Old Men. I thought it was one of the better marital decisions I’ve made in a while, but (in her ongoing and largely successful effort to utterly confound me) Lisa was later disappointed that I watched it without her
- For some inexplicable reason, I was teaching Cate about squaring numbers at the dinner table. She was (correctly) telling me the square of five and then four and then three when Jack interrupted: “Dad, can we talk about stun-guns?”
- Earlier tonight, I caught Lisa watching Top Gear by herself. Now I have proof that I’m slowly bending her to my will
That’s it for now!
Lisa and Greg