Sent: April 30, 2009 11:53 PM
Subject: The Nelsongang Is Swine-Flu-Free
That’s not saying we’ve been entirely healthy this month, but you’ll need to review the photos (or the ever-so-tiresome printer-friendly version) to learn who was hurlin’ in a St. Louis hotel room. (In the business, we call that a “teaser.”)
Before you go stampeding to the photos, however, there are a few bullet-points for your entertainment as well as your edification.
- On April 2nd, Cate lost her second tooth in seven days. Lisa told her she’s starting to look like a jack-o-lantern
- Like she did the week before, Cate didn’t even mention that she was about to lose a tooth. While we watched Mythbusters, she simply declared, “I lost a tooth” and held it up for all to see
- While watching the NCAA Basketball championship game, I told Jack I was cheering for Michigan State because they’re in the Big Ten. Without hesitating, Jack assured me that he knew that, so I asked, “what’s the Big Ten?” “Hmmmm…”, he temporized, “Let me think…” He trailed off but continued to thoughtfully stroke his chin
- Checking out our trampoline, Cole’s cousin said his friend had one just like it. “Yeah,” Jack responded, “but this one is a lot more extreme.”
- Thirty minutes later, Jack declared: “Aiden is four years-old, and he beat the tar out of both of us!”
- On April 6th, we learned that Starbuck had died. She was one of two horses Cate used for her riding lessons
- Earlier this month, Jack expressed some concern to Lisa about his evolving unibrow
- Occasionally, we play an all-in-the-family game of Wii Bowling. I’d tell you who dominates such competitions, but I’m far too modest to do so
- Lisa sent me a text message on the first night of her Vero Beach, Florida, girls trip: “Here, all good drunk love you”. First, I’m still trying to figure out what this means. Second, Lisa didn’t remember sending the message the following morning — shocking!
- While Lisa was in Atlanta, Cate taught me how to make scrambled eggs. I’m not a strong cooker.
- Last week, Cate announced that Neely is her “BFF.” She’s seven going on fourteen…
- Cate decided it was finally time to give away her last blankie. Lisa: “Did you tell Dad?” Cate: “Yeah, he wasn’t nearly as impressed as you were.”
- Lisa and I went to see Cake at the Palladium Ballroom. We might have considered bringing the kids (they’re big fans), but it was a school-night. After the show, we saw someone wearing a homemade t-shirt proclaiming: “Need More Trumpet.” Classic
That’s it for now!
Lisa and Greg