Sent: November 29, 2009 8:28 PM
Subject: Thanksgiving Road-Trip
It had been a couple of years since we spent Thanksgiving with the Finnanes, and they graciously invited us to their home this year. Lisa and the kids spent the entire week in Moraga while I worked until Wednesday in Dallas. We kept in constant contact, however, using the kids' newfound ability to text. For example:
Me: "You're having a lot of fun! Do I need to come to San Francisco to settle you down? :-)"
With all of them on vacation in San Francisco, I found myself talking to the dog a lot. Although Snick and I have never been closer, that's an entirely different story and I should probably move on. As always, you're welcome to peruse our monthly allotment of bullet points and photos, or you can subject yourself to the printer-friendly version fun -- pick your poison.
- Cate told Lisa that "a friend" insisted that she sign a contract to be her best friend. Lisa asked her what she thought of that. She replied, "I think it's kind of mean." Surveying the situation, Jack commented, "Why doesn't she just write 'I'm desperate' on her forehead?!?"
- Lisa asked Jack if he'd prefer me looking at the rash he'd developed. "No," he replied, "no one needs to be looking at the scabs on my sack." I'm sorry you needed to read that
- Cate didn't know what breast cancer was, so Lisa started by explaining breasts. Cate interrupted: "Mom, most people call them boobs."
- It annoys me when the kids leave hard-candies laying about the house. On the other hand, the dog's breath has never been fresher
- Jack: "Cate, I just told you that." Cate (sincerely): "Yes, but I wasn't listening."
- The kids had a field trip to Heritage Village to learn about Dallas history. Cate told me they found a newspaper from 1990
- Cate, watching Mythbusters: "I think I've become a little too familiar with detcord." You have to admire her honesty.
- It has happened. Cate sings loudly to Taylor Swift in the shower
- Cate somberly asked: "Did Jack say 'pissed off'?" Yes. Yes, he did.
That's it for now!
Lisa and Greg