Sent: August 31, 2009 8:44 PM
Subject: Where Can I Find My Local Death Panel?
I'd like to make my appointment now so I can beat the rush. Coincidentally, this month's printer-friendly version's has been referred to six different death panels, but it simply refuses to die.
On a related note, we've renewed our commitment to ensuring there will be no rationing of kid-related bullet points. To wit...
- I was amazed late one night that the South Park movie was airing unexpurgated on Comedy Central. I was even more amazed when Cate sleepily walked in during the song Uncle [Something or Other] (link for mature audiences only)
- Once confronted with incontrovertible evidence that he'd not brushed his teeth that morning, Jack succinctly explained: "Life is so unforgiving." I'm still struggling to concoct a sage and appropriately responsible parental response
- By sheer bad luck, I spent my birthday away from home on business. While on the phone with Cate, she explained that she'd missed Mom while away at Kids' Camp, but there was someone she missed even more. "Who was that?" I asked expectantly (on my birthday). "Snickerdoodle!" When I told her I thought she might have missed me too, she quickly recovered: "I missed you and Snickerdoodle the most." Nice save
- While Lisa and I were at a musical, Jack explained to Beverly that he and I were falling behind on the family website. He went on to explain that the two of us hadn't updated the site since April
- Jack asked me one afternoon, "Is today Tuesday?" Summer as a child summarized
- Jack, discussing the woman from the Progressive Insurance commercials: "She's pretty hyper. I wonder what she has for breakfast?!?"
- Jack wants a new dresser in his room because he needs something "organisignable."
- The family took Snick to eat outside at San Francisco Rose for the first time. We feel so urban...
- It still astounds me, but my cousin Kevin convinced me to go to the November NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway. I told the kids they could go too, but only if they agreed to drink beer. Jack tried to hide a devilish grin before he agreed
- Cate is exploring personality traits previously unknown to the medical community. Just what is more uptight than type-A?
That's it for now!
Lisa and Greg